Want to create a fund for your children’s education or marriage or to buy a car or for a dream holiday? Whatever may be your financial goals, through our Recurring Deposit Scheme you can save a little every month so that at the time of need you have sufficient funds to achieve your financial goals.Recurring Deposit provides you the element of compulsion to save at high rates of interest applicable to Term Deposits along-with liquidity to access that savings any time.So set aside a small amount every month and earn at compounded rates of interest.
Wide Choice in Period of Deposit
- Flexibility in period of deposit with maturity ranging from 12 months to 120 months.
- Low minimum monthly deposit amount.
- You can start a Recurring Deposit with SBI for a monthly instalment of Rs.100/- only.
SBI Term Deposit Rates Apply
- Check out our Interest Rates Online or simply email through our Helpline
- Choose the amount you wish to invest and the maturity period.
We understand the value of your hard earned money and continue to deliver on our promise of safety and security over two centuries.
Loan /overdraft facility: You can avail a loan/overdraft against your deposit.SBI provides you loan / overdraft upto 90% of your deposit amount at nominal cost.So you continue to earn interest in your deposit and still can meet your urgent financial requirements.
Transfer of Recurring Deposit accounts between our wide network of branches without any charge.
- Regular Instalments to your Account
Now you have motivation/compulsion to save a chosen amount every month and create a fund, which helps you to meet your future financial needs.
- Recurring Deposits are available at all SBI Branches
- Easy and convenient access of information at SBI Internet Banking
§Nomination Facility - Available
§Regular Instalments to your Account
–Save in your account through Fixed Monthly Instalments.
–Monthly Instalments can be deposited on any working day of the month.
–Delayed monthly instalments attract penalty.
–Instalments payable in multiples of Rs.10/-
Free Fund Transfer
Free transfer of your funds through standing instructions from your Current or Savings Bank Account to your Recurring Deposit Account every month for the payment of your instalments, so that you do not have to worry about regular payments.
You can monitor your deposit through SBI Internet Banking or through a passbook issued to you.
Most Important Terms & Conditions
- Monthly Rs. 100/- no maximum. b) Deposit in Multiple of Rs.10/-
- Minimum period 12 months maximum 120 months
- Rate of interest as applicable to Bank’s TDR / STDR for the period of the RD
- Premature withdrawal allowed at 0.5% below the rate applicable for the period the deposit has remained with the Bank
- Loan / Overdraft facility available against the balance in RD account
- Penalty charges for non Deposit of monthly installments –
- For a/c of period 5 years and less –Rs. 1.50 per Rs. 100/- per month
- For a/c of period above 5 years- Rs. 2.00 per Rs. 100/- per month
- No Cheque Book / ATM Card will be issued
- Passbooks are issued
- Nomination facility available